The sector of energy storage is expanding rapidly due to the increasing renewable generation. Renewable energy sources penetration can be achieved alongside operational safety of the grid if energy storage is incorporated into the grid system.
Our expertise covers the complete range of system types and capabilities including grid balancing and support systems, PV and wind generator co-located systems for firming capacity and resolving settlement imbalance, continuity of power from renewable generators in weak grid, micro-grid and stand-alone situations.
Kalero provides power systems design, engineering, regulatory and environmental expertise for a range of energy storage projects including large-scale storage providing grid ancillary services and storage co-located with renewables. Our energy storage services include:
• Site finding
• Electromechanical and civil design of energy storage projects
• Grid compliance studies and grid connection support
• Unbiased opportunity and risk analysis for an energy storage investment
• Consulting services on market and regulatory developments
• Review and advice on technical and functional specifications